Chai Cookies made with chai spiced shortbread cookie dough shaped into cute tea cups. The shortbread cookies are then drizzled with a chai tea icing, making them the perfect dessert for any tea lover!
Chai Shortbread Cookies with Chai Glaze
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon chai tea leaves
- pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- chai tea bag
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Roll out dough on floured surface.
- Cut out your preferred shapes, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until edges just start to show a little color. Baking time will vary according to size of cookies and baking sheet type. Smaller cookies on typical sheet pan with parchment paper may cook as quickly as 12 minutes. Larger ones on an air bake sheet can take twice as long.
- Decorate with Chai Glaze (recipe below)
- Place tea bag in a ¼ cup of boiling water (or put in cold water and microwave until it comes to a rapid boil).
- Allow to steep until a very concentrated tea develops (just a couple minutes should do).
- Place powdered sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbs. of the tea concentrate, and mix well.
- It is ready to glaze cookies or other pastries. Allow time to set after glazing.