As resolutions fade into the past for many of us, here is a little post-Valentine’s reminder about staying on track with healthy living.
- No mindless eating. It is far too easy to find yourself sitting in front of an empty bag of chips, due to mindless eating. Make sure to put all the “picky” snacks away in a cupboard or other out-of-site spot immediately. Heck, put them in the basement or garage if you need to. Resolve to stop eating in the car, as well as, in front of the TV or computer.
- Shut off the TV and Computer. As someone who works on the computer, this is tough for me. It is easy to find many hours gone by with no physical exercise done. TV is even worse. How much does lying around watching other people live their lives, really enhance your own. Try setting an alarm to tell you to get off and MOVE!
- Cook your own food. Cooking meals from scratch can help reduce the amount of chemicals and empty calories your family consumes. It will almost certainly lower your sodium intake which is shockingly high for most Americans.
- Wear a Pedometer or Fitness Tracker. Whatever the starting count you have, it will motivate you to do more. 10,000 steps-a-day is recommended for a healthy active lifestyle.
- Put on some Music. Without even realizing it, you will end out being more active when you have some lively music on. If you are stressed, put something soothing on.
So what are your healthy living tips? What helps keep you on track with your resolutions? What do you find most difficult when endeavoring toward a healthy lifestyle?