Sometimes there is nothing like an easy to prepare home cooked meal. One that requires no fussing. This Easy Italian Chicken & Veggie Ravioli Bake can be tossed together in a few minutes, then popped in the oven and ignored until the timer goes off, perfect for those days you have too many things to juggle, but want a balanced, yet budget-friendly meal for the family.
The ease of preparation and shorter cooking time is due to the use of a mix of fresh, frozen and jarred foods. Frozen ravioli and Birds Eye Recipe Ready frozen bagged vegetables, are teamed with a good jarred marinara, fresh chicken tenders and shredded mozzarella, to create a meal that cooks in about a half hour. Thanks to the Birds Eye Recipe Ready mixed vegetables, featuring zucchini, yellow squash, red onion & red pepper, and the choice of chicken tenders, there is no necessary knife work to do, just layer in the casserole and bake.
If you enjoy this easy recipe you may also like my meaty Ravioli Lasagna!
- 12 oz bag of mini cheese ravioli
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 bag Birds Eye Recipe Ready Grilling Blend with Zucchini Yellow Squash, Red Onion & Red Peppers
- 1 lb. fresh chicken tenders
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Microwave the ravioli for 3-4 minutes until fully thawed (or thaw earlier).
- Pour about 1 cup (around 1/4 to 1/3 of the jar) on bottom of casserole (approx 8x 11) coated with non-stick cooking spray, and spread out.
- Distribute the ravioli over the surface, then top with the frozen bag of Birds Eye Recipe Ready vegetables.
- Lay out the tenders over the vegetables, and evenly pour the remaining sauce over it. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes