Hazelnut Toasted Quinoa Recipe with Truffle Oil is easy to prepare, but sure to make those you serve it to feel special. The toasted quinoa recipe features the flavors of truffles with hazelnuts which happens to be their favorite tree to grow under. Yeah, I thought I was pretty clever with that one...lol. The vegan toasted quinoa recipe is hearty enough to serve as an entree itself, but pairs nicely with grilled portabella, salmon (as shown here with Maple-Mustard Salmon) or smokey grilled meats.
This toasted quinoa recipe is a perfect gluten free accompaniment to a special entree. The hazelnuts add both crunch and nutrition to the quinoa, while the white truffle oil infuses a delicious gourmet flair.
Make the Hazelnut Toasted Quinoa Recipe with White Truffle Oil Yourself!
Hazelnut Toasted Quinoa Recipe with White Truffle Oil
- 1 cup golden quinoa
- ½ cup hazel nuts chopped
- ½ tbs olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onions
- 1 clove garlic crushed minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbs white wine
- ½ teaspoon white truffle oil
- Place small skillet or saute pan over med-high heat.
- Toast the quinoa and hazelnuts, then pour into bowl and set aside.
- Pour the oil into pan, once hot add the onion, garlic and rosemary. Saute until the onions have started to brown, then add the quinoa and hazelnuts back into pan.
- Add the stock and wine. Cover and reduce heat to low-med. Cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add the white truffle oil, stir, then take off burner. Recover and allow to rest a couple minutes before serving.
More Delicious Recipes