This Hot n’ Sour White Bean and Rice Soup Recipe is sort of a marriage of Asian Hot & Sour soup and Pasta Fagioli/Minestrone soup. It has the heartiness of the European bean soups, yet the rice and tanginess of the broth make this soup seem a bit lighter. This is not only a quick and easy soup to prepare, but is inexpensive to make, as well.
Hot n' Sour White Bean and Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 c. jasmine rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 15 oz cannellini beans can
- 15 oz fire roasted tomatoes can
- generous pinch dried thyme
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Put oil in pan over med-high heat.
- Once hot, add onions and rice, saute until both have a little color, then add stock.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to boil, then cut down to simmer.
- Simmer until the rice is tender.