So you’ve heard caramel sauce can be easily made with condensed milk, but you aren’t quite sure how to make this easy caramel sauce. The trick is a slow cooker. Making dulce de leche caramel sauce in a slow cooker is amazingly easy, as you will soon see.
While some may make caramel sauce like this straight in the can, that really doesn’t appeal to me. Making it in jelly jars is nearly as easy, makes for a far better presentation and makes it easy to add a bit of vanilla or sea salt if you like. When you make a batch of this easy homemade caramel sauce, you will end out with three jars, so you can share with your friends… I don’t know about you, but if someone gave me a can of condensed milk and it looked like caramel sauce in side, it would sort of turn me off a little. I know it is pretty much the same, but mentally, it just isn’t.
How to Make Slow Cooker Caramel Sauce
It’s easier than you think.Print
Easy Slow Cooker Caramel Sauce
How to make slow cooker Caramel Sauce (Dulce de Leche). An easy recipe with just two ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Category: dessert, sauce
- 2 cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix vanilla into the condensed milk.
- Pour the condensed milk into 3 jelly jars (1/2 pint).
- Secure lids and rings, then place the jars in slow cooker.
- Cover the jars with water, and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the jars from water bath. After cooling for about 15 minutes, remove rings and lids (use caution).
- Stir the sauce until it is smooth.
- Use immediately, or replace lids and rings and store in the refrigerator.