Cloud Bread is a great way to stay on your keto diet while enjoying sandwich wraps. It is a low carb bread option that avoids carbs from the start rather than counteracting them with fiber. Here the keto cloud bread is used to make low carb lemon chicken wraps. Both the cloud bread recipe and lemon chicken filling are easy to make, just follow along.
Cloud bread also known as Oopsie bread it a staple for those on a ketogenic diet. While the version I have for you today is made with cream cheese, this keto bread is also often made with cottage cheese or even ricotta.
Low Carb Lemon Chicken
The wraps are filled with low carb lemon chicken. Lemon is one of my favorite ways to flavor ketogenic foods as it is also great for helping to maintain alkaline balance. Maintaining healthy alkalinity in the body during keto dieting can be a challenge. An unbalance can contribute to keto flu.
How to Make Cloud Bread
Here is a visual guide to making cloud bread. Full recipe is below on printable recipe card.
First preheat the oven. Then separate the egg yolks from whites.
bake for approximately 15 minutes, util tops are golden brown.
Keto Lemon Chicken Filling
Here I show you how to make the marinate for the keto lemon chicken that fills these cloud bread wraps. The chicken should be marinated prior to starting the process of making the low carb wraps, then sauteed just prior to serving.
Place add fresh squeezed lemon to the chicken.
Then season with minced garlic, salt free seasoning blend, sea salt and pepper. Marinate for 1/2 hour or more.
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into chunks
- Juice from ½ a large lemon or a whole small lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp herb seasoning , salt free
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken before starting to make the cloud bread wraps.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the eggs into two different bowls. Place the yolks in one bowl, and the whites in another.
- To the bowl of egg yolks, add 3 ounces of softened cream cheese, and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To the bowl with the egg whites, add in ½ tsp of baking powder. Beat the egg whites on high until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites gently.
- Add in ½ tsp of thyme and salt to taste, stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place large spoonfuls of the cloud dough mixture onto the baking sheet, and spread it out with the back of a spoon to form a thin circle. You should be able to make 8 cloud dough wraps with this amount of dough.
- Bake the wraps for 15 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven, and use a spatula to place them in a single layer on a plate to cool immediately.
- Place the chicken pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, garlic herb seasoning as well as salt and pepper to taste. Massage the marinade into the chicken until all ingredients are combined well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and completely cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken as well as any keto friendly toppings on the cloud dough wraps, and serve immediately.
Nutrition calculated based on chicken breasts and 1/4 tsp of salt as seasoning.