These Keto Smores are just in time to save your summer! Yes, you can now enjoy S’mores, the camping staple, on a low carb diet.
The recipe for the low-carb graham crackers is included below.
Low carb smores are actually easier than you might expect. The sugar-free graham crackers are simple to make and sugar free chocolate bars are not difficult to find.
The keto marshmallows were a little harder to come across, but La Nouba sells them right on Amazon now.
How to Make Keto Graham Crackers
Here is a guide to making the keto graham crackers with pictures. S’mores assembly is also shown. Printable recipe card can be found below.
Mix together the almond flour, egg, butter, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon and Swerve brown sugar sweetener to form the graham cracker dough. Refrigerate for about 3 hours before rolling out.
Roll the dough out and form a square. Cut into even cracker shapes, then prick each with a fork several times.
Lay the crackers out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Leave space between each. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Place on wire rack to cool.
Assembling Keto S’mores
Now it is time to assemble this fun keto dessert.
Top a graham cracker with a few squares of sugar-free chocolate, preferably stevia sweetened.
The keto marshmallows take a golden brown heating well, but get an off taste when burnt. Avoid over charring them. Use a kitchen torch or just a bit of extra care if you want to do then over a campfire.
More Keto Desserts!
This Keto Smores recipe ensues you don't miss out on this iconic part of summer due to a low carb diet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, egg, butter, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon and Swerve sweetener.
- Mix together on high until completely combined.Form the dough into a ball, and place in a Ziploc bag in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. It is best to let the dough sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to make the graham crackers, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. You can make the graham cracker dough as thick or as thin as you would like your crackers to be, but try to make them all the same thickness so that they will cook evenly. The thicker you make your cracker dough, the more cookie like and less crispy they will be when finished. For crispier graham crackers, use a very thinly rolled dough.
- Once rolled out, cut the dough into square shapes.
- Poke holes all over the surface of each cracker square with the tines of a fork.
- Place the dough squares on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for several minutes on wire rack.
- Place one graham cracker face down on a plate, and put three squares of a Lily’s chocolate bar on top of it.
Use a kitchen torch to lightly toast a keto friendly marshmallow on a skewer, and slide it onto the top of the chocolate with another graham cracker on top. You can toast the marshmallows over an open fire as well, just be careful not to burn them. The taste of keto friendly marshmallows change when they get burnt.
per serving net carb calculation (May vary by brands and is an estimate.)
12 total carbs - 2 fiber - 7 sugar alcohols per serving = 3 net carbs per S'more (calculated in the Carb Manager app)