This quick pork saute in cheese sauce recipe, only takes 15 minutes to prepare and is very easy to make. Frozen and jarred vegetables, make it easy to have all the necessary ingredients on hand in a pinch, and pork tenderloins are often sold in vacuum sealed packaging, which allows you to store unfrozen for longer than most fresh meats.
Although most people would not associate cheese sauce with a diet recipe, this is actually very diet friendly, if you make sure to select broccoli in a light cheese sauce, as called for in the ingredients list.
- 12 oz.Steam in bag broccoli in light cheese sauce
- small pork tenderloin trimmed
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of sliced roasted red peppers jarred or leftover
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
- Place steamer bag of broccoli in microwave, for 1 minute less time than suggested.
- Put oil in pan, on med-high heat.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin, then drop it in the hot pan. Add the garlic too. Stirfry.
- Add the peppers, then broccoli. Cut down heat to low, and gently stir until melded together. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Serve over rice.
We eat this with a splash of hot sauce in my home, but some grated Romano would be good, as well.
This pork, broccoli and red pepper recipe was originally published on my food blog, Yankee Kitchen, last September. Since I don’t publish as many recipes on here as I used to, I have decided to share a few of the easier family friendly recipes with you here.