I wanted a healthy snack last night, so I whipped together a quick and easy Roasted Red Pepper Bean Dip.
I had a roasted red pepper in the fridge from earlier in the week (if you haven't roasted peppers before, it is very easy and the results are far better than store bought jarred ones -> https://momfoodie.com/how-to-roast-a-pepper/), and always have plenty of canned beans on hand, and I kept the rest of the ingredients to a minimum, since I didn't want the roasted red pepper flavor in the dip to get drowned out in a muddle of random ingredients.
Roasted Red Pepper Bean Dip: Nutrition
The resulting roasted red pepper bean dip is lighter in both texture and calories than many typical bean dips. It also packs a full daily recommended allowance of vitamin C (thanks to the red pepper and lemon juice) and plenty of fiber and folates, from the beans.
More recipes you may like
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Roasted Red Pepper Ranch Dip
- Pumpkin Bean Dip
- Ranch Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
Roasted Red Pepper Bean Dip: Easy Recipe
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ½ tbs olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 roasted red pepper peeled and de-seeded with juice
- 15 oz can cannellini beans
- Combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and roasted pepper in small food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Add the beans, and pulse until dip is creamy and spreadable.
- Serve chilled.
Another bean dip recipe you might like to try -> Artichoke & Sweet Onion Bean Dip Recipe