This Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cous Cous Recipe is perfect for a light lunch, or first course. At just 220 calories per serving, 3 grams of fat and about 20 minutes from start to table, it is sure to fit in with your busy healthy lifestyle.
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cous Cous Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic crushed minced
- 1/2 Vidalia onion rough diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 lb. shrimp raw peeled/deveined
- 1 cup dry cous cous
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth hot
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- Place large non-stick wok or skillet on med-high heat, add olive oil.
- Once hot add garlic and onion, saute, until onion is cooked through.
- Chop the shrimp into bite size pieces.
- Add jalapeno, curry powder and shrimp. Saute until shrimp is just cooked.
- Add cous cous, stir.
- Add hot broth, cover, then remove from burner.
- After 3 minutes, add cilantro and tomato. Recover.
- Cous cous should be ready to serve in couple more minutes, once liquid is all absorbed.