This paper plate sunflower craft for kids is easy and requires few suppies. It’s a great childrens craft at home or in the classroom.
Paper Plate Sunflower Craft for Kids
Here is a simple visual guide to making this children’s craft. Guide them along yourself or use the pictures to help them along. Full printable directions below as well as the prinatble paper sunflower image to cut out.
Start off with a paper plate and crayons.
Have kids draw and color a sunny day with field of grass.
Print out the paper sunflowers and cut a slit in the paper plate where the grassline is.
Glue green craft sticks to the backs of the flowers to serve as their stems.
Once dry, flip them over and glue on sunflower seeds in the shell.
Now kids can push the flower up through the slit in the plate to make it grow.
Here is the link to the Printable Sunflowers to use in the craft:
Easy Kids Mother’s Day Card/Gift
If mom loves sunflowers, glue the sunflower onto the plate or leave it as is for her to grow. Either way it is a thoughtful gift for any mom or grandmother.
Once the thrill of crafting the project is over or the craft gets damaged with play, kids can plant the flower outside and real sunflowers may just grow.
More Fun Garden Crafts
- White paper plate
- Printable sunflower template
- Green craft sticks
- Sunflower seeds
- Draw a summer scene on a paper plate.
- Cut a slit in the plate along the ground as a place for the sunflowers to grow.
- Print the sunflower template and cut out each flower.
- Glue a green crat stick to the back of each flower.
- Glue sunflower seeds to the center of each flower.
- Allow the glue to dry, then make the sunflower grow by placing the craft stick through the slit in the paper plate.