Looking for something different tonight? Try these Prune Chicken Tacos with Feta. It is an easy flavorful recipe and among the many benefits of prunes is improved bone health.
Over the past few weeks I’ve been integrating prunes and prune juice into my diet, after learning about some amazing research related to bone health, and how eating prunes can significantly help. . I’ve enjoyed them tossed on yogurt along with some chopped raw almonds, as shown above, as well as in savory dishes like the one below.Print
Plum & Feta Chicken Tacos Recipe (gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into bite size chunks)
- cooking spray or small amount of oil
- 1 cup Sunsweet prune juice
- 3 tbs low sodium soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tbs natural apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced prunes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Oil non stick skillet, over med-high heat.
- Stir fry the chicken, until just cooked, then remove to bowl and set aside.
- Turn heat to high. Put prune juice, soy sauce and vinegar in pan and stir while reducing.
- After 3-4 minutes add the diced prunes, continue to reduce sauce until it is a thin syrupy consistency.
- Toss the chicken back in and stir to coat, then take pan off heat, and set aside.
- Lightly broil the tortillas, then fold into taco shape. (use ready made shells, or flour tortillas if you prefer)
- Scoop the chicken into tacos and sprinkle feta on top.
Beef or pork would also be great in these tacos.