Most of us have special Thanksgiving traditions we would like to pass on to our children. I am an older mom, and my daughter is an only child, so I will be showing her recipes and handing over the heirlooms to her at a younger age than most.
Some of the Thanksgiving Traditions I will be passing along:
- I will show her how to brine a turkey the night before roasting, to get a nice juicy bird.
- Teach her to make my Broccoli au Gratin, Orange Ginger Glazed Carrots and Bread & Potato Herbed Stuffing.
- Have Grandma show her how to make Green Bean Casserole , Roast Chestnuts and make Pumpkin Cheesecake.
- Pass on my vintage Thanksgiving decorations (they will be antique by the time she is ready to use them).
- Her dad will show her the fine art of rooting for whichever Football team, will help out the Eagles standings, to win (He is a die hard Philly fan).
- Last but not least I will pass on, the tradition of scoping out the best deals, in preparation for Black Friday.
If it has you thinking about the traditions you’ve passed or plan on passing down to your children, I would love to hear about them.
Looking to start a new tradition? Try out this Jagermeister spiked turkey recipe.