Warm Italian Vegetable Salad with Fresh Mozzarella: Light Recipe
Servings: 1 per
- quantities are per serving
- 1 small zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1/2 med. size sweet onion rough diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 6-8 grape tomatoes
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves
- cup of arugula or other dark salad greens
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella
- balsamic & olive oil for drizzling
- fresh ground pepper
- Put tsp of olive oil in saute pan on med-high heat. Add the sweet onion and zucchini, sprinkle with the salt and red pepper flakes, saute until nearly cooked.
- Cut grape tomatoes into 2-3 pieces, and cut basil into narrow strips (chiffonade). Toss into the pan and quick saute, just until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Place arugula in plate, and top with the vegetable saute. Place the fresh mozzarella on top, grind pepper over it and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.