This easy Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs recipe also features butternut squash and spinach. It doesn't get much easier than this Whole 30 crockpot chicken. Whole 30 is a stricter form of the Paleo diet, in case you are not familiar.
Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe
Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Spinach is a hearty, well-rounded, Whole 30 compliant meal. The butternut squash adds both a subtle vegetal sweetness and richness to the dish and the spinach adds color, moisture and flavor, not to mention being a great source of iron, and is a great Paleo and Whole 30 compliant swap for potatoes. The chicken thighs provide ample protein and just enough fat for the dish and are fork tender. This less expensive cut of chicken also makes it easier to budget for organic. The Paleo Slow Cooker chicken thighs are simply seasoned with garlic, herbs and sea salt, the flavors of the main ingredients themselves do the rest of the work.
Whole 30 Diet Plan Meals
Following a Whole 30 diet meal plan requires you to cut out dairy, sugars, processed foods, legumes and grains. This does not need to be as daunting as it seems. As this slow cooker chicken thighs recipe shows simple meals can be both hearty and tasty.
To help those striving to succeed on Whole 30, I've compiled a few recipe collections tailored for the diet.
- Whole 30 Meal Ideas to Rock the Whole 30 Diet Plan!
- Whole 30 Snacks Recipes to Stay On-Track with Your Whole 30 Diet Plan
- Whole 30 Slow Cooker Recipes
Here is a quick video of this Whole 30 Chicken Thighs Recipe going into the crock pot.
Not so worried about the diet, but have chicken thighs on hand, try my slow cooker bone-in chicken thighs with potatoes and carrots.
Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Spinach
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ lbs peeled chopped butternut squash
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 15 oz can organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz bag of frozen spinach leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- Place ingredients in slow cooker, in order listed.
- Set the slow cooker to high. Stir after 1 to 1 ½ hours, then leave alone and allow to cook another 5-6 hours.