This St. Patrick’s Day bath bomb is the perfect remedy if you can’t go out and drink any green beer to celebrate. It is themed after a Shamrock Shake and makes for a refreshing, yet soothing fragrant bath. Your skin will be nice an moist after too.
St. Patrick’s Day Bath Bomb
Why not celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Shamrock Shake bath bomb. It’s the perfect solution if you can’t get a sitter, or can’t handle the calories of green beer, Guinness or a real Shamrock Shake. That is pretty much where I stand, hence the handy St. Patrick’s day bath bomb recipe for you…lol
article contains affiliate links
St. Patrick’s Day Bath Bomb: About the Recipe
As I said, this bath bomb is inspired by the iconic Shamrock Shake. It is scented with peppermint essential oil and pure vanilla extract and tinted a pretty green with gel food coloring. I’ve recently started making my bath bombs with fractionated coconut oil, due to it’s absorbency and less “greasy” nature (It’s great for other bath products and cooking too.). This is actually the first bath bomb recipe I’ve published featuring this incredible oil. Due to the nature of the oil and the vanilla extract in this recipe, I was able to omit water entirely from the ingredients. This makes citric acid reaction mishaps far less likely. The recipe makes one extra large 3″ diameter green bath bomb.Print
St. Patrick’s Day Bath Bomb: The Shamrock Shake Bomb
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Bath Bomb
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Citric Acid
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup epsom salts
- 1/4 fractionated coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- approximately 20 drops of green gel food coloring
- **optional** sugar sprinkles and a few candy shamrock sprinkles
- 3″ diameter round bath bomb mold
- Mix all dry ingredients, then add the rest, mixing while adding. (The only wet ingredient that may generate a little fizz is the vanilla extract, so be ready to whisk that right in).
- If using sprinkles and candy shamrocks put them in one side of the mold before filling. A tsp & a few candy sprinkles are plenty.
- Press half the mixture into each side. You want to pack it well AND overfill a bit, then press together firmly. Allow to rest for a few hours before unmolding if you can.
- Drop in your bath and enjoy!