I whipped together a quick and tasty Artichoke Bulgur Salad yesterday. At just 130 calories per serving, this easy recipe makes a great mini-meal, side dish or snack. For a full meal, add some grilled chicken, shrimp, or feta. A satisfying vegan meal would simply require, doubling up the chick peas and perhaps adding some sliced olives.
I will be making this Artichoke Bulgur Salad a lot in the eventually coming summer. It is perfect beach or picnic fare. Good at any temperature, and not particularly prone to spoilage. Until then, it and similar dishes fuel me through the grueling winter months, with a fresh flash of warmer days, complex carbs and essential nutrients.
- 1 clove garlic crushed/minced
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon thyme standard dried thyme is fine
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wheat bulgur
- 15 oz quartered artichoke hearts can , packed in water
- 1/2 cup chick peas canned, garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tbs scallion sliced
- In small dish, mix together the garlic, lemon juice, oil, thyme and salt.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in a good size mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the seasoning mixture over the bulgur salad, and mix well, until everything is evenly distributed.