This easy Million Dollar Pie recipe is one that should be in everyone’s recipe box. Also known as Millionaire Pie it is a particularly popular dessert during the holiday season and is also great for summer gatherings.
Million Dollar Pie
Million Dollar Pie is such a popular classic recipe, but can be made a few different ways. This is a condensed milk version (some use cream cheese). Not only are there different versions of this pie, but it also goes by the names Millionaire Pie or Millionaire’s Pie often as well. No matter what you call it, the rich decadence of this pie is sure to make you feel like a million dollars, Even with inflation that is a sweet sum.
How to Make the Million Dollar Pie Recipe
See how easy it is to make this millionaire pie recipe with sweetened condensed milk. Full recipe below.
This is one of the easiest pies you will ever prepare. Making Million Dollar Pie requires no cooking. Just mix up the pie filling, pour into a ready made graham cracker crust, garnish, and freeze. That is all there is to it! Of course if you prefer making your own homemade graham cracker pie crust, be my guest.
If you want to lighten the Million Dollar Pie recipe up a little, that can be done in a few easy steps. First, swap out standard whipped topping for a lighter version. Next, instead of sweetened condensed milk & coconut, use unsweetened and add a zero or reduced calorie sweetener to make up for the difference.
Can you freeze Million Dollar Pie?
Yes, the pie freezes well. It also serves nicely semi-frozen. Just do no refreeze after it has been thawed.
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple can drained
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped, 1/4 cup goes in the filling, 1/4 cup on top
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Shreddded sweetened Coconut 1/2 cup in filling, 1/4 cup on top
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8 oz non-dairy whipped topping thawed
- 2 Graham Cracker Crusts ready made
- 16 Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- Mix pineapple, 1/4 cup of the pecans, 1/2 cup of the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
- Then fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour pie filling mixture into the pie crusts evenly and sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut and pecans over the pie.
- Arrange cherries on top, then freeze for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
Time in freezer is shown as cook time.