What could be more perfect for fall than a Candy Corn Bundt Cake? Wouldn’t it get great reactions at any fall gathering. This fun recipe is easy to make too; perfect for those of us who are a little pastry decorating challenged. It vividly evokes the classic candy corn of the fall holidays, but uses simple techniques to do so.
The candy corn bundt cake is festive on the table, but the fun really begins when it is cut and the candy corn swirl inside is exposed.Print
Candy Corn Bundt Cake Recipe
Candy Corn Bundt Cake
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Orange, and yellow gel food coloring
- 1 Cup soft unsalted butter
- 4 + Cups confectionery sugar
- 4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Orange and yellow gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep bundt cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter on high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to the butter until well combined.
- Now add egg whites, one at a time, mixing after each. Then the whole eggs, again mixing after each.
- Add 1/3 C flour mixture to the wet mixture followed by adding 1/3 C of the buttermilk; add 1/3 C flour mixture again then add 1/3 C buttermilk mix on low speed, add 1/3 C of flour and add the rest of 1/3 C of buttermilk mix in low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Divide the batter into three bowls…. add orange gel food coloring to one…. add yellow gel food coloring to the second and Leave the batter white in the third bowl.
- Spray the bundt pan with Pam spray.
- Begin by spooning in the white batter then the orange next then last the yellow batter on top.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes then remove the cake from the Bundt pan and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- -Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- -If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams. Once the frosting has the right consistency then divide it into 3 bowls.
- -In two of the three bowls add several drops of gel food coloring. 1 st bowl add orange, 2nd bowl add yellow, 3rd bowl stays white. After each color addition stir well to mix the colors.
- -When the colors are right, starting with the orange frosting using a spoon drizzle the frosting on the cake. Allow the orange frosting to dry. Next again using a spoon drizzle the yellow frosting on the cake. Allow it to dry. Lastly, drizzle the white frosting on the cake and allow it to dry completely.