Christmas Tree Cupcakes are easy to make, even for the pastry decorating impaired like myself. The results are certainly impressive on a holiday table though. Don't be nervous about making them. Just look how easy they are.
How to Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Gather the ingredients to make your Christmas Tree Cupcakes, as listed below.
Once the cupcake batter is cooked, the cupcakes are cool, and frosting is in the piping bags you are ready to start.
Work your way down the cone piping "branches" as you go.
Pipe frosting to cover the base. (I suppose you could pipe the base frosting first & embed the cone in it if you prefer)
Now add some decorations to your trees & sprinkle a little coconut or white sugar sprinkles over the white base.
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- White Sugar Sprinkles
- Round Colored Sprinkles
- Green Food Coloring
- Sugar Cones
- Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
- While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually
- beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3
- Place two cups of white frosting in a piping bag with a round frosting tip. Mix green food coloring in remaining
- frosting until you reach desired shade of green.
- Place one sugar cone upside down onto each cupcake. Using a butter knife, spread a thin layer of green frosting to
- completely coat each cone.
- Fill a piping bag with remaining green frosting and use a small closed star frosting tip to make Christmas tree
- branches. Start at the top and turn the cupcake, continuing adding branches to fill the entire cone.
- Using the white frosting, pipe a thick layer around the bottom of the cone to look like snow.
- Add white sprinkles to the “snow” and add round colored sprinkles to the “tree”.