This Peanut Butter Meltaways Recipe is an easy DIY chocolate candy that is perfect for both gift giving and family enjoyment. Add these simple candies to cookie trays or gift them by themselves.
Peanut Butter Meltaways
This easy chocolate and peanut butter candies are a favorite DIY chocolate candy of mine. They are also one of the easiest to make. The candy recipe can be made with just a few ingredients and even cooked in the microwave. It simply does not get any easier than this delicious peanut butter & chocolate candy
If you prefer a truffle look to your candies, try making my Peanut Butter Balls.
How to Make Meltaways
Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways is easy, let me show you just how easy. Full recipe below.
The chocolate chips, peanut butter and shortening are placed in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the mixture and stir until smooth. This is best done in short intervals, stirring in between.
The Peanut Butter Meltaway mixture is then piped into the mini liners and set aside to cool. Once they are set firm, enjoy the candies or pack in air tight containers for gifting.
More Easy Candy Recipes
Here are a few more simple candy recipes for you to try.
- Unicorn Candy
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles
- Coconut Chocolate Balls from Oh My Sugar High!
- Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut Butter Meltaways Recipe
- 6 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 3 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Shortening
- Combine all of the ingredients, cover and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove cover, stir and microwave 30 additional seconds.
- Stir until smooth and pour into mini cupcake liners.
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until set.