This post brought to you courtesy of Mom It Forward blogger network & McCormick. All opinions, experiences and included recipe are my own.
With the kids back to school now, we are entering the peak bake sale season, which runs throughout the holidays. It’s always a bit of a challenge to make something that is a little different, so your contribution is not one of 10 of the same, but traditional enough for wide appeal. Cookies and brownies have always been bake sale favorites and I’m sure will continue to be popular both with bakers and buyers. This year McCormick encourages us to step it up a notch with the addition of some delicious and unique flavors.
The McCormick Kitchens have developed a unique collection of cookie & brownie recipes to ensure your treats are the talk of the table. I wanted a dessert that had a fall look, but not so much the fall flavors. While I enjoy pumpkin, not everyone does. My solution was inspired by Mccormick’s Orange Kissed Brownies Bake Sale recipe. I loved the idea of using McCormick orange extract to add brightness to baked goods. I ended out creating a blondie which is both orange in flavor and color.Print
Mandarin-White Chocolate Blondies Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12-16
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp McCormick orange extract
- 1/2 tsp McCormick pure vanilla extract
- 35 drops McCormick yellow food coloring
- 4 drops McCormick red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp McCormick cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp McCormick ginger
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugars into melted butter, then whisk in eggs, salt, extracts and food coloring.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & ginger, then add to the first bowl and mix well.
- Fold in white chocolate chips, until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into 8×11 greased baking dish, and spread out.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut serve.
The McCormick Virtual Bake Sale & Giveaway
I’m participating in a fun virtual bake sale on a team with five other bloggers, and competing against five other teams of bloggers, via my Pinterest board. The team with the most repins wins. If you help “buy” via a repin from my or my team’s virtual bake sale table, you’ll be entered to win a McCormick prize pack. After entering here, be sure to check out my other team members goodies & enter their giveaways as well!
Dinner, Dishes, and Dessert: Fudgy Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
Cookin’ Canuck: Whole Wheat Double Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Honey Bear Lane: Cinnamon Chocolate Reeses Brownies
A Pumpkin and a Princess: Reeses Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies
a Rafflecopter giveaway