These Pineapple Cheesecake Blondie Bars are a sweet treat that covers a lot of bases. Cookie bar bottom layer, cheesecake middle and simple pineapple topping. The thick blondie layer makes these a bit more sturdy and cookie-like than most cheesecake bars. They are a great recipe to use up a stray single block of cream cheese.
Pineapple Cheesecake Blondies would be a nice addition to any dessert table, and pair nicely with both tea and coffee. Make a batch for a friend.Print
Pineapple Cheesecake Blondie Bars Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12-18
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup marshmallow topping
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 8x 11 to 9×12 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in large bowl. Add remaining blondie ingredients and mix well.
- Spread blondie dough into baking dish.
- Mix together the cheesecake layer ingredients until smooth, and spread evenly over first layer.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes. until blondie is browning at edges and top layer is well set. You are looking for a little firmer set than regular cheesecake.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Start making the pineapple topping.
- Add all the ingredients for topping to saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a light boil, then reduce to medium and stir until cornstarch has cooked (the whiteness will fade away and sauce will thicken).
- Pour over the baked layers, and spread to evenly coat.
- Allow to fully cool to room temperature. before cutting.
- Trim off edges, then cut into even bars.
Mine were cut into 12 bars in an 8×11 dish. They are a little large and 15-18 would be better portion size.