This simple recipe for Maple Roasted Delicata Squash Rings cooks up quick and has a perfect balance between sweet and savory flavors.
Delicata squash is a favorite winter squash of mine. The skin is more tender than many squash varieties, making it unnecessary to remove. I also like that the smaller general size of delicata squash makes it perfect for smaller batch cooking. While I’ve simply glazed and roasted it here, I also like to serve it with pasta or grains.
Making Maple Roasted Delicata Squash Rings
Here are the easy steps to making the Maple Roasted Delicata Squash Rings. Full recipe below.
How to Cut Delicata Squash
I cut delicata squash for this recipe, by cutting ends off then cutting into halves and scooping out the seeds. The delicata squash can then easily be sliced into rings.
Maple Glaze for Squash
Simply whisk together maple syrup, oil, sea salt, and cinnamon to make a glaze for the delicata squash rings.
Roasting Delicata Squash Rings
After laying out the glazed rings on a baking sheet, roast for 20 minutes, flipping after about 12 minutes.Print
Maple Roasted Delicata Squash Rings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 small delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut off ends of the delicata squash then cut in half. Hollow out the seeds from the halves with a spoon or butter knife. Cut the squash into 1/4-1/2 inch rings.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, sea salt, and cinnamon, then pour over the delicata squash rings in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Lay out the rings on a baking sheet and baste with the glaze that is left in the bowl.
- Roast for 12 minutes, then flip the squash rings over and roast for another 6 minutes. Remove the rings that are golden and cooked through to a plate. Return the rest to oven to roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the remaining rings to the plate and serve.