This Mediterranean Tuna and Chickpea Wrap recipe was sponsored by StarKist. All opinions are 100% mine.
The wrap is an easy nutritious lunch idea and great for packed lunches. It's loaded with Mediterranean flavors and nutrient rich ingredients.
In recent years the benefits of Mediterranean-type diets have become pretty well known. Many of us have abandoned low-fat diets, especially highly processed ones, in exchange for ones rich in healthy fats with fewer carbohydrates. I've found that I do my best eating this way. I am not strict about it. I mostly just focus eating on clean, healthy ingredients. I make sure to get some healthy fat, such as extra virgin olive oil in each meal, substitute vegetables for carbohydrate laden foods when I can and limit sugar to the occasional dessert. This Mediterranean Tuna and Chickpea Wrap is an example of a typical lunch for me.Of course you can add a side of homemade crispy kettle chips to go with the wrap.
Mediterranean Tuna and Chickpea Wrap: Making
While Yellowfin Tuna and chickpeas are the main star of the wrap - feta, olives and parsley bring some extra Mediterranean flavor to the mixture. This is served on a low carb, high fiber wrap, along with some romaine and a dollop of Tzatziki sauce. The tuna and chickpea filling also makes a nice quick lunch by itself, or over a bed of greens, if you practice a strictly limited carbohydrate diet. The wrap features StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. wild-caught Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Sun-dried Tomato. I used smaller wraps for this and packed them nice and full. This is just my personal preference, a larger wrap would give you room for more lettuce and would admittedly be easier to roll. I love how this recipe makes a good sized batch of the tuna and chickpea mixture. After making a couple wraps, I store the rest in the refrigerator for a quick nosh when I'm hungry and don't want to cook. Having fast and easy nutritious options readily available makes staying on track with healthy eating much easier.
More Recipes You May Like
- Crock Pot Tuna Casserole
- Mediterranean Sausage Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken Instant Pot
- Copycat Panera Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Italian Tuna Salad
Mediterranean Tuna and Chickpea Wrap
- 4 sandwich wraps
- tzatziki sauce
- romaine lettuce
- 2 pouches Starkist EVOO Yellowfin Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ 15 oz can black olives sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley coursely chopped
- 3 ounces feta chopped
- Prepare the filling by mixing the first four ingredients together well, then fold in the feta until evenly distributed in the mixture.
- Smear a dollop of the tzatziki sauce on the wrap, top with lettuce and a hearty helping of the tuna and chickpea mixture.
- Roll while folding sides in, as you would a burrito