An easy Spice Rubbed Grilled Wild Salmon recipe that fits a wild array of modern diets. Serve this grilled wild salmon with a simple salad or some cauliflower rice and you have a great light low carb meal that is clean eating and Keto compliant. This would also work for a Paleo Whole 30 diet, just be watchful of the sides. Tomatoes as shown in my salad may not work for some low carb diets.
Grilled Wild Salmon Recipe with Spice Rub
After a somewhat hectic week, I found myself on Friday night in the midst of cleaning. My daughter had already fallen asleep, so she wasn't going to be factoring into my culinary plans for the evening. I had purchased wild salmon earlier and needed a quick easy salmon recipe that I could make from ingredients I had on-hand.
This easy salmon recipe was fully plated and ready to eat in about 10 minutes. I teamed the spice rubbed fish with a salad of sliced heirloom garden tomatoes and freshly picked sweet basil, drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. A couple lemon wedges for the salmon, a splash of good balsamic on the tomatoes and a nice glass of wine rounded everything out. A nice fresh, quick easy plate for mom... and healthy too!
Spice Rubbed Salmon Fillet
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs paprika
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 wild salmon fillets (leave skin on) 6-ounce each
- ½ tbs olive oil
- fresh lemon wedges
- Mix the cumin, paprika, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Generously coat both sides of the salmon with the spice rub.
- Put oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Once hot add the salmon.
- Place the fish skin side up in the pan and sear (about 2 minutes), flip and cover. Reduce heat to med. Cook about 6 more minutes, until fish flakes, but is still moist in center.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.