Maple Mustard Salmon is one of my favorite grilling recipes. I came up with the recipe recently, after getting a great deal on some lovely wild Sockeye salmon. The marinate/glaze is a very easy 1-1-1 mixture, so it is simple to adjust it for large or small quantities. You are likely to come back to this marinating glaze for grilling other seafood or white meats, as well.
Be careful about substitutions in this one. Whole grain Dijon mustard is not as pungent or vinegary as other mustard styles. I strongly recommend picking some up, you will find it to be a great addition to many dishes.Print
Grilled Maple Mustard Salmon Recipe
Easy & delicious Grilled Maple Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 3/4 – 1 lb wild salmon
- 2 tbs. maple syrup (real)
- 2 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs. whole grain Dijon mustard (I used Maille Old Style)
- Whisk together the maple syrup, mustard and soy sauce.
- Cut the salmon into 3-4 oz. portions, and add to marinating glaze.
- Marinate for 1/2 hour (up to a day).
- Preheat grill. Sear top down, to nicely mark, then place skin side down.
- Baste with a bit more of the glaze, put the lid down and cook to preferred temperature.
Grilled Maple Mustard Salmon goes great with couscous, or a simple salad of mixed greens.