With the spring holidays coming up I thought it was the perfect time to share these pretty Trix Spring Flower Cupcakes with you. They are easy to make and perfect for the pastry decorating challenged like myself.
I would say these Trix Flower Cupcakes are proof that sometimes, results are greater than the some of the parts.
Trix balls, candy and pop sticks transform typical cupcakes into a lovely flower garden, perfect for your brunch or other spring event.
The scratch recipes for the cupcakes and frosting are included, but if you are a boxed mix baker, feel free to go that route. They will still be just as cute.
- Wilton picket fence cupcake wrap
- Lollipop sticks
- Spearmint candies
- Green Sour Punch straws I found these at Walgreens
- Trix krispies balls recipe below
- Vanilla cupcakes recipe below
- Bake cupcakes and frost with vanilla icing. (see recipe below)
- Make trix krispies balls (see recipe below)
- Wrap and attach Wilton white fencing around cupcake
- With a scissors, cut each sour punch straw in half (at an angle) and push into
- cupcake to resemble grass
- Take a cookie pop stick and push 2 spearmint candies through it to resemble leaves
- Push a twix krispies ball into the top of the cookie stick to resemble a flower.
- Insert the cookie stick into the cupcake.
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder and stir together.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar to the butter and cream an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat on medium for 1-2 minutes or until
- well combined.
- Add vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add ⅓ of the dry ingredients and ⅓ of the milk and mix on low speed.
- Repeat 2 more times until all of the dry ingredients and milk are incorporated into the batter.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and place in oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes (rotate half-way through) or until an inserted
- toothpick comes out clean.
- Place cupcake pans on wire racks to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the pans and place directly on the wire racks to cool completely.
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup whole milk more may be needed for desired thickness
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until blended and smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla and continue mixing till well incorporated.
- Add milk by the tablespoon till you achieve your desired consistency.
- 12 cups Trix cereal
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup unsalted butter ½ stick
- In a glass bowl, add the butter and marshmallows and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until
- the marshmallows are melted. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Add the cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- Using your hands, mold the cereal into balls.