This Tuna and Zucchini Noodles in Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce was my lunch today.
Tuna and Zucchini Noodles: On the Fly
Normally, I plan my recipes for blog posts ahead of time, and I’ll select complimentary dishware and such to jazz up the images. This Tuna and Zucchini Noodles in Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce dish was something I put together on a whim for lunch and snapped a few shots with my smartphone. The thing was it was mighty good, so I tossed together this impromptu recipe post to share it with you.
Tuna and Zucchini Noodles in Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce: Why
I’ve actually been eating quite a few zoodles (zucchini noodles) lately, since I have been reducing my overall carb intake. After a couple months of eating them mostly with pasta sauce, I started leaning more toward Asian preparations. You will notice peanut powder in the ingredients list. The peanut powder is great at absorbing liquid that releases from the zucchini while cooking. It also adds a great flavor, as well as a little added protein.
The final tally for this easy tuna and zucchini noodle recipe was 149 calories, carbohyrates 7 grams, sugar 4 grams and protein 30 grams.
Tuna and Zucchini Noodles in Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce: How
Preparing Tuna and Zucchini Noodles in Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce is a quick process, particularly if you have already spiralized zucchini noodles on hand. Everything is cooked in one skillet, and the actual cooking does not take long at all, since the zucchini is cut so finely. The full recipe is below.
- 1 medium zucchini squash spiralized
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce*
- 2 tsp peanut powder
- 2 tsp sambal olek
- 1 tsp ponzu sauce
- 50 grams a little under 2 ounces tuna, water packed
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the spiralized zucchini and minced garlic. Saute until wilted.
- Add the hoisin, peanut powder, sambal olek and ponzu sauce. Stir and continue to cook until sauce is thickened and noodles are soft but not mushy.
- Add the tuna, and stir to heat through, then scoop into a bowl to serve.