This Spicy Orange Tuna with Zucchini was an impromptu recipe I created for dinner tonight. I'd picked up tuna yesterday afternoon, and wanted something quick, easy & plenty spicy. This fit the bill.
This marinate may seem a bit heavy on the Sambal Olek hot chili paste, but heck, I could almost nosh on this stuff by the spoonful (I've been simmering eggs in a sauce considerably heavier on it lately).
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Sambal Olek Chili Garlic paste
- ½ pound tuna steak
- 2 teaspoon oil canola or grape seed
- 1 small zucchini
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar & Samabl Olek, in medium sized bowl.
- Cut the tuna into bite size pieces, and add to the sauce, mix well and set aside.
- Slice off ends of zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into thin slices.
- Place oil in saute pan over med-high heat, once hot add the zucchini slices, saute until edges brown a little, but is not fully cooked.
- Use slotted spoon to add the tuna to the pan, leaving most of the sauce in bowl for the moment. Stir Fry the tuna until outer surface is cooked, then add the liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook about 4-5 minutes, until tuna and zucchini are cooked, and sauce has thickened.
- Pour the mixture over rice or bulgur to serve,