Watermelon Feta appetizer bites are among the best summer appetizers you can serve.
The watermelon appetizer can be prepped ahead of time and simply kept chilled. Then drizzle the Watermelon Feta Skewers with basil simple syrup just before serving.
These bites are perfect for both formal events or a casual outdoor summer party.
Watermelon Feta Appetizers
Watermelon and feta are a popular flavor combination these days. The ingredients are usually presented together as watermelon feta salad, but if you want something more tidy and appetizer friendly, these watermelon feta bites would be perfect for serving.
The skewers are a refreshing salty and sweet summer appetizer, that will appeal to a wide array of people. The watermelon feta skewers are bite sized and the handy pick makes them ideal h’ordeuvres for cocktail parties too.
The basil simple syrup for these can be made long before it is needed, and the watermelon, feta and basil can be stacked and skewered to a day ahead, making it easier for you on the day of your party event. You could even put the kids to work assembling these.
More great summer appetizer recipes.
- Pineapple Salsa
- Little Smokies Crock Pot Recipe
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip with Avocado
- Asian Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/4 of a watermelon
- block of feta
- fresh basil
- Basil syrup click for easy recipe
- Basil syrup should be prepared ahead of time, so it will be cool.
- Cube the watermelon into blocks a bit wider than tall, then slice each across the middle horizontally.
- Slice the feta into 1/4 inch planks. Cut into pieces the same width as the watermelon.
- Put a basil leaf on bottom slice of watermelon, top with feta then sandwich between another slice of watermelon. Insert pick.
- When serving drizzle with the basil syrup.