This easy Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad Recipe is quick to make and very tidy to eat. A great summer dish when you are pressed for time or don’t want to risk getting dressing on yourself (Yes, I have been known to wear my salad). Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad also makes a wonderful topping for grilled chicken breast, promptly transforming the poultry into a full low carb meal.
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad: Notes on Making
Despite the simplicity of this salad, I did want to point out a few tips concerning preparation.
- While you can of course use crumbled feta, I prefer to chop mine off the block and be a little gentle when mixing the salad. I think the cubes add to the presentation and avoid the cheese muddling into the light dressing too much.
- Make sure to taste the salad before adding salt. Feta itself is rather salty, so you will need very little.
- This salad will hold fine for a few hours in the refrigerator, but it is so quick to prepare I like to make it right before serving.
Time Saving Tip
Save time and hassle… order groceries and household products through Prime Pantry and get them delivered right to your door! There are frequent deals and even coupons available right at your fingertips.
- 2 1/2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced Feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped grape or plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons of fine diced red onion
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves preferably lemon thyme
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
Simply add all ingredients except salt and pepper and gently mix.
Taste to determine needed salt and pepper, season and serve.