Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
This easy Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is a great summer dish. The simple Greek salad makes a wonderful side dish or light entree salad. It’s perfect for summer grilling season.
I love this salad. It’s one one my favorite summer salads to serve with grilled foods. When you are pressed for time or don’t want to risk getting dressing on yourself, this lightly dressed salad is tidy to eat. The Tomato Cucumber Salad with Feta cheese and red onion makes a wonderful topping for grilled chicken breast too. It quickly transforms the poultry into a full low carb meal!
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad – Notes on Making
Despite the simplicity of this Greek salad, I did want to point out a few tips concerning preparation.
- While you can of course use crumbled feta, I prefer mine coarsely chopped off the block then gently mixed with the cucumbers and tomatoes. I think the chunky cubes add to the presentation and avoid the cheese muddling into the light dressing too much.
- Make sure to taste the salad before adding salt. Feta itself is rather salty, so you will very lightly season with salt and pepper.
- This salad will hold fine for a few hours in the refrigerator, but it is so quick to prepare I like to make it right before serving. The cucumbers can soften is left around too long.
Serving Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
Try serving Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad with grilled meats or seafood.
With grilled meats:
In a sandwich:
The easy salad would also be nice on a sandwich, such as a wrap. Make a quick Mediterranean wrap by mixing a can of tuna into the salad and putting it in lettuce or a sandwich wrap.
- 2 1/2 cups English cucumber , diced
- 1 cup Feta cheese , coarsely chopped
- .5 cup grape or plum tomato , chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion , fine diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves , preferably lemon thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Simply combine cucumbers tomatoes and onion in a large bowl. Mix in the thyme oil and lemon juice then fold in the feta and gently toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve small bowl as appetizer or side dish.
Looking for more Feta recipes? Try these.