These big bath bombs sort of make me happy before they even hit the bathwater. They are about the same size as a plump clementine, and smell juicy from a generous dose of orange essential oil. To finish off the fun Orange Crush theme, I also sprinkled orange body glitter into the molds when forming them.
You could of course make this recipe in any size or shape you like, but if you want to make them fruit sized like I did, the only spot I could find the large ball molds at a reasonable price was in Ebay, so try there first.
The recipe made two of these big bath bombs, plus two standard tart shaped ones. It would make about 8 small bath bombs.
Fun fresh Orange bath bombs for an uplifting bath!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup epsom salt
- 2 tbs almond oil
- 1/2 tsp orange essential oil
- 1 tbs water
- orange food coloring gel works better
- **optional** body glitter
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, then mix into the dry. Mix quickly as you pour the wet ingredients in as the water will start to react. Make sure to mix very well.
- If using glitter, sprinkle some in the molds, then promptly scoop in the mixture and press down. Slightly overfill, then press the two halves together firmly. Allow it sit a few minutes, then remove one half to allow for evaporation. They can be fully removed shortly after, or sooner if need be.
- You can sore out if using within a few days, but it is best to store bath bombs in air tight packaging longer term, so they will hold their scent well..