Spring is a popular time for brunches, and this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is just the thing to make for one. The recipe is easy, but stands out, since it is not your typical french toast or even french toast casserole. It may also serve as a sweet and tricky way to get kids to eat their eggs.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Let me show you, just how easy a Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is to make (full recipe below).
Cut up canned cinnamon roll dough into triangles as shown and place in a casserole dish which has been coated with melted butter.
Mix up the french toast eggs, and pour over the cinnamon roll wedges.
Top with pecans and drizzle of maple syrup, then bake.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- 2 tablespoon melted Butter
- 1 can Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- ¼ cup Pecans
- ¼ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour melted butter into 8x8 baking dish.
- Open and separate rolls, then cut each roll into 8 wedges and scatter in buttered dish.
- Beat eggs, then add cream, cinnamon and vanilla, beat well. Pour over the cinnamon roll wedges.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of pecans and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
- Bake 20-24 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer icing to zippered sandwich bag and set aside.
- Allow to cool.
- Clip corner of bag and drizzle icing over top and lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar