Try this easy Cronut recipe and enjoy this cross between a donut and a croissant right in your own home.
How to Make Cronuts at Home the Easy Way
I’m sure many of you have heard of Cronuts before. If not, they are a airy doughnuts made from crescent pastry dough. Cronuts are a nice alternative to typical cake like homemade doughnuts, and I have a really easy recipe for them to share with you today.
- 1 pkg refrigerated Uncut Crescent Sheets
- 1 4-ounce container of vanilla pudding - snack-size
- 2 cup confectionery Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Put oil in pan min. 2" deep and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fold dough in half in one direction then repeat in other direction.
- Cut out 3" circles of dough using biscuit cutter of cup/glass.
- Cut a 1" circles from center of each.
- Gather up scraps of dough, roll and cut an additional cronut.
- Fry approximately 90 seconds on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cool before glazing and filling.
- Split cooled cronuts in half and fill each with 2 tbs of pudding then replace top.
- Make glaze and drizzle over top. Set aside until glaze has set.
- Whisk together: confectionery sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. If needed, add additional milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time until a glaze consistency is reached.