This easy Cheesy Spinach Chicken and Rice Casserole is a stress free to get a tasty dinner on the table without a lot of fuss. The casserole is deliciously cheesy and satisfying, but when I ran my calculations after making it, I was surprised to see this seemingly decadent dish, actually had quite moderate calories per serving. Everyone can enjoy without guilt.
Making Cheesy Spinach Chicken and Rice Casserole
Here is a quick visual walk through of the process of preparing this easy chicken & rice casserole. Full recipe below.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine instant brown rice and Campbell’s® unsalted chicken broth in large casserole dish.
Layer on chicken tenders (or cut up chicken breast).
Mix garlic powder with frozen spinach and layer on the casserole.
Top with Campbell’s® Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce.
Spread the sauce to cover, jiggle the spoon between tenders to help sauce flavor rice, while keeping the rice at bottom.
Bake for about 35 minutes.
Enjoy your dinner.
Campbell’s® New Slow Cooker, Skillet, Oven and Grill Sauces
If you liked the ease of preparation for this casserole, you would really love making dinner with the package directions on this sauce. Just place chicken & broccoli in a baking dish, top with sauce, bake, and serve. These innovative sauces come in Slow Cooker, Skillet, Oven & Grill varieties, and there are plenty of flavor choices for each. All are simple to prepare, and lend themselves well to us mixing things up a bit. Between all the different sauces, and a few basic swaps, there is no reason to be eating the same old, same old.
Check out all of Campbell’s new products as well as the delicious Campbell recipes on their website. Be sure to also follow along on the Campbell’s facebook page, as well as @Campbells on Twitter. They have many new products coming out to answer the needs of today’s families.
Cheesy Spinach Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups Campbell's® unsalted Chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 8 oz. frozen leaf spinach
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pouch Campbell's® Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread instant brown rice on bottom of large baking dish. Add chicken broth.
- Arrange the chicken tenders on top.
- Mix the garlic powder into the frozen spinach, then distribute on casserole.
- Pour a pouch of Campbell's® Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce on top. Spread the sauce evenly over the top and wiggle it between the tenders a little to flavor the rice a bit.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked.
- Serve & enjoy!