Vegan Chicken Fajita Skillet Recipe brought to you in collaboration with Beyond Meat. The recipe and opinions presented here are my own.
Vegan Chicken Fajitas
This Vegan Chicken Fajita Skillet Dinner is a quick and easy recipe, that is sure to please your family, whether vegan or just experimenting with adding meatless meals into your dinner rotation. While obviously geared toward going into fajita wraps, this vegan chicken dish is quite versatile. It is great over rice or quinoa, and would make for a nice burrito as well. I ate this vegan fajita filling in low carb wraps with just a splash of hot sauce, for a diet friendly dinner. Leftovers went over a little brown rice with a sprinkle of sharp cheddar (I’m not vegan) and salsa.
These “chicken” fajitas are vegan through the use of Beyond Meat’s Chicken-Free Strips. This vegan chicken substitute is low in fat and calories, GMO free, gluten-free and provides 20 grams of protein per serving. With this product my chicken fajita pasta recipe and many more can be adapted to meatless.
Beyond Meat decided to look at meat as the compilation of amino acids, fats, trace carbohydrates and minerals, and water that compose it. Their viewpoint is that if these elements can be combined in a way that provides the familiar chew, resistance, and variation we are accustomed to from meat, but made from vegetable sources, vegetable meat is created. By using heating, cooling, and pressure techniques they have done just that. Beyond Meat is meat from plants.
In addition to the vegan chicken-free strips featured in today’s recipe, Beyond Meat also makes Beef-Free Crumbles This soy-free, gluten-free plant meat is made with 100% Non-GMO pea protein. It is also Cholesterol, Saturated and Trans Fat free, as well as certified Kosher. Most importantly, Beef-Free Crumbles provide 10 grams of protein per serving, the same as ground beef.
Beef -Free Crumbles come in the two flavors shown below:
Beefy – A hint of garlic and citrus makes this perfect for pasta sauces, pizzas and more!
Feisty – A zesty blend of beef crumbles perfect for tacos or chili!
They can be found in the frozen section of your grocer and retail at $5.49 (I found the Chicken-Free Strips in a cooler and they were priced similarly) Check this store locator to find Beyond Meat in your area.
A few more vegan recipes you may like.
- Vegan Chili Recipe Grain-free too
- Homemade Vegan Burger (gluten-free)
- Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cilantro dry
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 sweet peppers cored and sliced
- 2 sweet onions peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 12 ounce package of Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a small dish and set aside.
- Put oil in skillet over med-high heat, once hot add the onions and garlic. Stir fry for 3 minutes, then add the peppers and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning mix, cook another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Finally add the Chicken-Free Strips and cook for 2-3 more minutes, folding in to evenly distribute and heat through.
- Serve with wraps or over rice.