This easy to make festive Pumpkin Cheese Ball is a perfect recipe for any fall gathering. Make one of these autumn inspired cheese balls for Halloween, Sunday Football, Thanksgiving or just a to add a little seasonal fun to any get together. This easy fall appetizer recipe does not have any pumpkin flavor to it, just the iconic shape, so if you have a few friends or family that just don’t care for pumpkin or are “all pumpkin’d out” this is a great way to stay festive while including them.
How to Make a Pumpkin Cheese Ball Appetizer
Form into a cheese ball to make the rough pumpkin shape. Chill for a couple hours.
Pulse nacho tortilla chips in a food processor until broken into small pieces.
Roll the ball in the nacho crumbs, top with pepper stem and use a chopstick or spoon edge to dent the ribs in your Pumpkin Cheese Ball.Print
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
This festive Pumpkin Cheese Ball is an easy appetizer recipe for Halloween, Thanksgiving or fall themed parties.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 2 cups Nacho Cheese Chips, crushed
- Stem: Bell Pepper Stem, or sink a jalapeno with stem into the ball
- Mix the cream cheese, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and salsa until smooth and blended.
- Form the spread mixture into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll the cheese ball in crushed nacho chips.
- Top off with a bell pepper stem or jalapeno and create indented ribs to look like pumpkin.