Looking for a gruesome yet healthy Halloween snack to give the kids this year? Eye of Newt Pudding is just the thing to creep them out. This is actually just a simple chia seed pudding, which is a particularly popular dessert for those on raw food diets, as well as many other health conscious people. Great to make with children, since it doesn’t even require any cooking, just mix it up and let the seeds swell up overnight. I presented it in a vintage vaseline glass dessert dish, but small labeled jars would make for a terrifically horrible way to serve this at a Halloween party.
So skip the junk food for at least part of your celebrations, with this healthy Halloween snack.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or the type of milk you use in your household
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs. maple syrup substitute honey or sugar O.K.
- Mix the ingredients together in a jar or bowl.
- Remix in a few minutes, then put in refrigerator overnight (longer is fine).
- The next day you will have a chia seed pudding, to use as your "Eye of Newt".
4 half cup servings or 8 quarter cup "mini" servings