Pineapple Ribs may just be the perfect summer food! These pork ribs are slathered in a luscious pineapple BBQ sauce and finished on the grill after slow roasting in the oven.
It is tailgating season, the perfect time to throw some ribs on the grill. This Pineapple spare ribs recipe with Pineapple BBQ Sauce is perfect for entertaining.
Slow roast the ribs prior to game day, then baste em' up and get a nice char from the grill. The wait to serve them is short, but you get all the long slow goodness along with grill flavor.
The pineapple glaze sauce on these BBQ spare ribs is tangy and sweet, while not being too spicy, so it will go over well with just about anyone.
Serve with macaroni salad, corn casserole, or an easy potato salad on the side.
Pineapple Lemonade or Bourbon Iced Tea would be fabulous drink choices to go with these spicy sweet pork ribs.
Pineapple spare ribs recipe
- 3 lbs pork spare ribs
- ¼ cup dry rub I used McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smokey Rub
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
Pineapple Barbeque Sauce
- ¼ cup Barbeque Sauce I used Kraft Thick & Spicy
- 2 tbs. rib drippings
- 2 tbs. pineapple preserves
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together rub and vinegar to make a thin paste.
- Place ribs on long piece of foil, well over twice their length.
- Thoroughly baste the spare ribs, go over them again until all the marinate is used.
- Wrap the ribs in the foil (meat side up), making a tightly sealed packet.
- Bake for 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the ribs from foil (they will be close to falling off the bone), and place on platter, cover loosely with a fresh piece of foil. Ribs can be grilled after resting for ½ hour minimum, or refridgerate up to 3 days.
- Place 2 tbs. of the drippings into a bowl, and whisk in remaining glaze ingredients.
- Preheat grill.
- Baste the ribs with glaze, and place on grill meat side up, reduce heat to med-low.
- After 6-7 minutes, flip baste the backside of ribs, grill for 4-5 minutes, just long enough to start getting a little char.
- Now do the final flip, and put a nice thick glaze on the meat. Grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove. Allow the pineapple glazed bbq spare ribs to rest a few minutes, then enjoy!
Brutus Duffy says
Thanks for the recipe-I pinned it for future use.
Another awesome recipe, mama!!
These ribs are fantastic! I will definitely make them again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.