It is tailgating season, the perfect time to throw some ribs on the grill. This Pineapple spare ribs recipe with Pineapple BBQ Sauce is perfect for entertaining. Slow roast the ribs prior to game day, then baste em’ up and get a nice char from the grill. The wait to serve them is short, but you get all the long slow goodness along with grill flavor. The pineapple glaze sauce on these BBQ spare ribs is tangy and sweet, while not being too spicy, so it will go over well with just about anyone.
Pineapple spare ribs recipe
Easy pineapple spare ribs recipe with Pineapple BBQ Sauce are tangy and sweet without being too spicy. Fall off the bone goodness.
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 15 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 27 minutes
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 3 lbs of pork spare ribs
Pineapple Barbeque Sauce
- 1/4 cup McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smokey Rub (or rub of choice)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Barbeque Sauce (I used Kraft Thick & Spicy)
- 2 tbs. rib drippings
- 2 tbs. pineapple preserves
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together rub and vinegar to make a thin paste.
- Place ribs on long piece of foil, well over twice their length.
- Thoroughly baste the spare ribs, go over them again until all the marinate is used.
- Wrap the ribs in the foil (meat side up), making a tightly sealed packet.
- Bake for 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the ribs from foil (they will be close to falling off the bone), and place on platter, cover loosely with a fresh piece of foil. Ribs can be grilled after resting for 1/2 hour minimum, or refridgerate up to 3 days.
- Place 2 tbs. of the drippings into a bowl, and whisk in remaining glaze ingredients.
- Preheat grill.
- Baste the ribs with glaze, and place on grill meat side up, reduce heat to med-low.
- After 6-7 minutes, flip baste the backside of ribs, grill for 4-5 minutes, just long enough to start getting a little char.
- Now do the final flip, and put a nice thick glaze on the meat. Grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove. Allow the pineapple glazed bbq spare ribs to rest a few minutes, then enjoy!