Quinoa and White Bean Fritters are a fun gluten free vegetarian appetizer or entree. Kids will gobble them up.
I’ve been experimenting with quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) a good deal of late, and this Quinoa and White Bean Fritter recipe is the most recent result. Quinoa is a pseudo grain, that is high in protein, and gluten free, so it is a perfect match for both vegetarian and gluten-free diets. These fritters include beans, as well as quinoa, so they are particularly high in both protein and fiber. They would already be filling, the frying makes them even more so, thus it only takes a few for a portion.
I served them with a pickled jalapeno “tartar” sauce, but they would also go well with a wide variety of dipping sauces, or even served in a sandwich.
Quinoa and White Bean Fritters: A Gluten Free Vegetarian Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa golden
- 15 oz. small white beans canned, drained but not rinsed
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 tsp. powdered vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cup of oil for frying
- Place 1 cup of the quinoa, 1/2 the can of beans, egg and the onion in food processor, and puree.
- Place in mixing bowl, and add remaining ingredients, including the remained of the beans and quinoa. Stir well, then set aside for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil (med-high heat).
- Drop a few dollops of the quinoa and bean fritter mix into the hot oil.
- When the bottom gets golden brown, flip to cook other side.
- After both sides are crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oil and set on paper towels or rack, while cooking the rest.