This homemade chicken patty recipe is easy to make. It is a great way to use up chicken, especially if it is a little tough. Homemade chicken patties are also a good choice for those with dietary limitations.This week large packs of chicken breasts were on sale at my usual grocer. I carefully selected from the packages, finding the least "grainy" looking package, to avoid tough meat. My efforts were in vain though. I sliced, marinated & grilled a few breasts... they were tough. Normally, when faced with less than stellar quality chicken breasts I will slow simmer them and make enchiladas, but I decided to make some homemade chicken patties with them instead this time. I basically just simplified my croquette recipe, and they came out well. I won't eat store bought patties of any kind, but by making them yourself, you know just what's in them.
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs raw chicken breast
- ⅛ c water
- seasoned bread crumbs ⅔ cup in mix & more to coat
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ packet of powdered chicken bouillon
- Optional: add a dash of your favorite seasoning black pepper, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash
- Cut the breasts into chunks approx 1" in size at most
- Add chicken, egg, bouillon and water to food processor. Pulse until chicken is pulped.
- Mix ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs into the pulped chicken. (optional seasonings would be added at this point as well).
- Put ½" deep of canola oil into a shallow pan. Heat on med-high.
- In a shallow dish add half seasoned bread crumbs & half Panko crumbs.
- Scoop a golf ball size portion of the chicken mixture and drop into the crumbs.
- Press down and shape to form patty, turn over and ensure the edges are together and patty is fully coated in crumb mix.
- Place a few patties at a time into the oil.
- Brown the patties on both sides, then set on paper towel lined plate.
carissa at lowercase letters says
this recipe sounds fantastic!!! thanks!
.-= carissa at lowercase letters´s last blog ..cute and chubby. giveaway winner, too. =-.
Those chicken patties look good, I'll have to try making them.
Hope your having a great weekend!
.-= Linda´s last blog ..Veterinary Manual =-.
My belly's growling so loud my tot son is asking if my tummy hurts, looks so good!
.-= Angie´s last blog ..Country Style Ribs with Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Sauce =-.
Those look so good!
.-= Alexia´s last blog ..Sugar Doll Award =-.
cook-ee c. says
Made these for my fam. Got great reviews!! Hoping not to purchase frozen ones again! Simple, easy to do, not super fond of frying, but will "play with recipe" to adjust to try and bake them. thanks for posting the recipe!!
I do my eggplant cutlets by just spraying them generously on each side with cooking spray. It should work fine with this as well. I keep meaning to pick up one of those oil misters for things like this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. That would be ideal.
cook-ee c. says
Great recipe!! thanks for sharing!
cook-ee c. says
I am a vegetarian, so I rely on my family's feedback. They LOVE this recipe, thank you so much for posting. It really has saved me money on groceries too, as chicken patties are a favorite here, and this is more healthy, and cheaper to make at home! thankyou!
I'll definitely be using this recipe the next time I have some tough chicken breasts myself... they certainly look way better than any of those frozen chicken patties you'd get from the store!