Need a quick and easy recipe for chicken, that packs a lot of flavor, but is low in calories? Try this tangy Citrus Glazed Chicken Stir Fry.
The stir fry gets a big dose of flavor from the triple citrusy punch of orange, lemon and lime. While it works fine as an Asian dish, this one is designed for those cooks who do not have a pantry well stocked, for that cuisine. I’ve skipped a lot of the typical ingredients I would use in an Asian chicken stir fry, in favor of leaving the tangy citrus flavors unmuddled, to play center stage. Perhaps, I should follow the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) rule more often, I really enjoyed this simple recipe.
This easy chicken stir fry is shown served over a vegetable wheat bulgur, but rice and steamed vegetables would work just as well. Due to the vibrant flavor of the sauce, I would be hesitant to add much in the way of vegetables right in the glaze, other than perhaps a bit of onion or pepper.Print
Citrus Glazed Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian, Stir Fry
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 lb of chicken breasts (sliced into narrow strips)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- **optional*** 2 tsp Sambal Oelek chili paste (or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes)
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, and set aside.
- Put oil on non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot stir fry the chicken until outside is cooked, add the sauce.
- Stir over heat for about 2 minutes, until glaze forms.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 28