This Lemon Oyster Mushroom Soup is an easy keto soup recipe, geared for combating keto flu. The recipe is also gluten free.
I couldn't resist the lovely golden oyster mushrooms at my local farmer's market this morning. I also picked up some grass fed ghee while there.This keto soup was the result.
Lemon Oyster Mushroom Soup - Keto Flu Solution
A serving has 3 net carbs and 16 grams of fat from Ghee. Chicken bone broth is used to make the soup which provides collagen protein. Bone broth is well known as a great keto flu solution. Lemon adds flavor and helps with maintaining alkaline balance in the body.
The oyster mushrooms add a nice meaty texture to the soup without escalating protein levels. The collagen proteins in the bone broth are what we are after here.
This soup should not kick in inflammation either. The only dairy ingredient in the recipe is ghee, which is a clarified butter. It lacks the dairy elements that tend to cause inflammation.
Keto Flu Tips
Here are a few quick tips to cure the keto flu. A bone broth based soup like this with a glass of the electrolyte drink I recommend below will gets me out of it.
- Bone broth as used in this recipe helps a great deal. Make your own chicken bone broth in your Instant Pot.
- Maintain your electrolyte levels with a keto friendly product like Ultima Electrolyte Replenisher, which I recommend.
- Applying magnesium oil topically is also helpful. While you can get this from nutritional sources, applying to your skin is surprisingly more effective. Learn more about the benefits of magnesium and how to make your own DIY magnesium oil on my sister site, Beauty Crafter.
- Try and maintain your alkaline balance. Lemon and apple cider vinegar are especially effective for this. Keeping your protein intake within the recommendations for Ketogenic dieting is also important.
Lemon Oyster Mushroom Soup
- Break up or slice the oyster mushrooms.
- Add ghee to small skillet or chef's pan over medium-high heat. Once. hot, saute the mushrooms with the salt until softened.
- Pour in the bone broth and simmer 1-2 minutes. Add the chives and lemon stir than remove from burner and serve.