These Keto Bacon Wrapped Cheeseburger Lollipops are sure to wow all your guests, even those not on a ketogenic diet. They are also great to make ahead and cook up on movie night with the family.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pops Keto Appetizer
These delicious keto appetizers comprise of seasoned mini-burgers stuffed with cheese, wrapped generously in bacon and skewered. The mini burgers definitely resemble a lollipop once cooked… well, a meat lolli anyway.
The bacon will get crispy and locks in the juices of the hamburger, while the cheese gets soft and melty inside. Did I mention they are just 1 net carb per serving!
These would team fantastically with my Chick-a-Roni keto appetizers, which are also served on a stick.
How to make the Bacon Cheeseburger Keto Pops
The process of making these little burgers on a stick is pretty straight forward. Here I will walk you through the recipe with pictures.
First, season the hamburger.
Then shape a small patty around each chunk of cheese.
Wrap a slice of bacon around the patty.
Then wrap another slice across the other way to fully encase the mini-burger with bacon.
Skewer each wrapped burger and place on wire rack over sheet pan to bake.
Bake until each is crisp on the outside. 30-35 minutes should be ample.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 2 lbs. Lean ground beef
- 16 Slices bacon
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese cut into ½ oz. cubes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.In a mixing bowl, combine the lean ground beef, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well with your hands until completely combined. Then form the meat mixture into 8 equal patties.
- Place a cube of cheese in the center of each meat patty, and form the meat back around it so that it is in the center of the patty.
- Wrap one slice of bacon lengthwise around the meat patty, and wrap a second slice of bacon the opposite way around each meat patty.
- Place a skewer all the way through each meat patty, and place them on a rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until done to your liking, and until the bacon is crispy.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped green onions if desired, and serve with your favorite keto-friendly dipping sauce.