This Pumpkin Bisque Recipe is deceptive. The bisque is quite rich and comes across as a decadent treat, but in reality it is actually quite low in calories and is also packed with nutrients. No one will guess you are slipping them something healthy, when you give them a bowl of this pumpkin bisque, but you will know...lol.
It would make a wonderful first course for your holiday dinner, although it would go just as well with a loaf of crusty bread and a small green salad on a chilly Sunday afternoon.
- ½ sweet onion rough diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- generous pinch of dried thyme
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 3 tbs neufchatal cheese
- Put saucepan on med heat, add oil.
- Once pan is hot add onion sea salt and thyme. Saute until the onions are soft.
- Add pumpkin, saute, and "smoosh" a bit.
- Once pumpkin is pretty well broken up, add stock. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add neufchatal cheese, stir and simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Take off burner and puree.
- Serve warm. Some chopped nuts make a complimentary garnish.