This Pumpkin Ricotta Pie-Cheesecake Recipe is a cross between a cheesecake and traditional Italian ricotta pie, so it is lighter than typical cheesecakes, yet richer than most ricotta pies. The pumpkin flavor while clearly present is somewhat subtle. The recipe makes a small pie, if you have many guests, you may want to double this one up.
- 8 oz. cream cheese or neufchatal cheese
- ⅓ c. confectionery sugar
- ⅓ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ⅓ c. ricotta cheese I used part skim
- ¾ c. pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom substitute ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, if you don't have cardamom on-hand
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ c. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cracker crumbs, and butter/spread together. Then spread across bottom of pie plate or tart pan. Press lightly, evenly covering the bottom of pan and up the sides about a ½".
- Put the pan with crust in the freezer, while you prepare filling.
- Cream together the cream cheese, confectionery sugar, sugar and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour. The filling will look cooked around edges, but the center will still be jiggly.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate.
- Serve cold. Whipped cream goes well with this.