These Sugarless Heart Mints are very easy to make & only two calories each. The recipe is made with Swerve sweetener, a product relatively new to the market, which I was an ambassador for last year. While that program is over, I am still investigating the use of this natural zero calorie sweeter* in different recipes. One thing I had noticed about their confectionery version was that when concentrated, it sort of gives you a cooling sensation. This seemed perfect for making mint candies.
The light pink hearts were only colored with juice, while the deeper pink was achieved with a natural food coloring.
- 1 ½ cups Swerve Confectionery style
- 3 tbs No sugar added Cranberry juice
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- **optional 3-4 drops red food coloring
- Mix ingredients together well until smooth.
- Divide into 6-8 small balls and roll out on board lightly dusted with Swerve.
- Use small heart cookie cutter (about an inch or smaller) to make heart shapes.
- Place hearts on parchment to dry at least 3 hours before storing.
*not quite zero really, but it is considered zero as their is less than 1 calorie per one teaspoon serving. It is extremely low calorie regardless.