Chicken Poblano Stir Fry with beans is a super quick and easy nutritious meal. Yes, you can stir fry poblano peppers and the beans are added at the end. A fun taste of the Southwest and ready in just 15 minutes from start to finish!
As my kitchen is a bit torn up at the moment, I've been making mostly quick easy dishes like stir fries over the past couple weeks. While I do make a lot of Asian stir fries, I make them with Southwest flavor pretty regularly too.
Chicken Poblano Stir Fry: Nutritious and FAST!
This recipe is ready in 15 minutes flat and is super nutritious.
The kidney beans make the dish more filling and add fiber. They are also an excellent source of potassium, manganese, folate, iron and other vitamins and minerals.
The peppers are low in calories and loaded with vitamins C and A.
Poblano peppers are actually one of my favorite vegetables to stir fry. I prefer them over bell peppers.
This Chicken, Poblano & Bean Stir Fry would go well with rice, quinoa or bulgur, but I happened to just eat it as is and found it to be a satisfying lunch. With all these veggies and lean protein, it's good for you too.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ sweet onion sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 poblano pepper sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar or dash of stevia
- ½ tbs butter
- ½ cup canned kidney beans canned, drained rinsed
- Place oil in pan over medium high heat. Once hot add the onion, zucchini, pepper & garlic. Stir fry until the vegetables are almost cooked through.
- Add the chicken & paprika. Stir fry until you don't visibly see pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for a minute, then serve.
A few more recipes featuring my favorite pepper!